MIPA Physical Therapy is an area of rehabilitation that seeks to preserve, enhance and/or restore movement and physical function impaired by injury, disability or disease.
- Restore Function
- Teaching patient how to improve mobility, Balance and Independence
- Improving conditioning through exercise
- Returning individuals to work, activities and there daily routine
- Improving overall quality of life
- Teaching lifestyle changes to compensate for the patient’s condition
Progressive Clinical Programming
Our outpatient program utilizes the latest techniques and equipment and provides specialized services for individuals with various injuries and disorders.
- Back and Neck injuries
- Brain Injuries
- Hand Injuries
- Joint Replacement
- Multiple Trauma
- Neurological Disorders
- Orthopedic Injuries
- Pain Management
- Post-Surgical Conditions
- Spinal Dysfunction
- Sports-related injuries
- Vestibular/balance disorders
- Work injuries
Water has been utilized for centuries for its therapeutic value. We offer this specialized treatment environment which can be used even if patients cannot swim. Our therapists work directly with the patient, getting in the water if necessary, to make the most of there recovery.
The Benefits of Aquatic Therapy:
- Automatic low-impact resistance, increases the effectiveness of each exercise
- Helps patients avoid the pain sometimes caused by placing weight directly on the joints affected by illness or injury.
- Decreases pain and tension
- Reduces the effects of gravity and compression due to waters natural buoyancy, allowing patients to stand without the tension and fear of falling
- Increases blood flow due to hydrostatic pressure
- Muscle relaxation to allow broader range of motion to perform therapy exercises
To schedule an appointment with MIPA Physical Therapy, please call (740) 382-1734